Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Silver Lining

'Is there absolutely nothing that is going right with this country?' this is the question that I have been increasingly asking myself as I skip from one grim news to another while reading newspapers or flipping through news channels. Sometimes things seem so utterly hopeless that I wonder if we all have failed as a country :-(

But maybe, just maybe, the problem is that the media concentrates more on what is not working. Agreed, that's their job but part of their job is also to spread positive news so that the citizens are aware of it and can contribute if they wish to. That's something that the Indian media seems to have lost sight of completely.

There were 2 news items that cheered me up to a certain extent yesterday and I thought of doing my bit to spread the positive news by posting about them.

Villages begin to reap benefits from rural tourism

New reflections on an ancient art

No comments: