Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Heavens!

There is nothing like a good hearty laugh as you begin your day. And I had one, thanks to Yahoo! "Here's how heaven looks like!" - says one of the links. At first, I wondered - shouldn't this read 'Here's what heaven looks like'? Curious, I read on. There were the usual descriptions of pearly gates, heavenly music and out-of-this-world aromas. I am not sure if the person who saw all this asked God "What's cooking?" ;-) As if this isn't enough, people's reactions on this news were interesting as well. Some are actually looking forward to going there. And here I am, thinking that only the good people get to go there, while the rest of us will have an appointment in Hell.

Please note that I am not making fun of the tenets of Christianity here. Hinduism also has the concept of Swarg (heaven) and Narak (sort of hell) though the Hindu scriptures don't mention any devil. If any Hindu priest had claimed that he has been to the heaven and back, my reaction would have been the same. It's just one of tricks played by the fascinating thing called Mind. Nothing more than that!

BTW, how is that every person who has had the near-death experience ends up in heaven and back? Has no one been to the dark gates of the hell or don't they want to talk about it?

No comments: