Monday, August 1, 2011

Do you think we humans will always be cursed with not appreciating what we have in life and running after what we don't? I kept on wondering as our car winded its way through the lush green landscape of Alibaug. Everywhere you turned, you could see green mountains, with their tops lost in mist, wild flowers were in bloom in the shrubs, the sky was laden with rain clouds and yet, there was not a soul in sight when we passed through villages. Those out on bicycles or on foot were completely lost in their thoughts or absorbed in their conversations - hardly taking a look at the landscape around them. And I was feeling sad that I have to return to Mumbai come Sunday evening.

I said the same aloud and our chauffeur remarked that at least some of these villagers might be feeling the same way about life in a metro. Many of them are awestruck by the sky-scrappers, shiny new malls and fast paced life. I wonder, I just wonder, whether they must be also be thinking that we city-dwellers don't appreciate what life has given us and run after what we don't have i.e. nature? :-(

No comments: