Friday, October 4, 2013

Saunf, anyone??

Anyone having a meal at any Indian restaurant is familiar with the concept of 'Saunf'. It serves the dual purpose of mouth freshener and digestive aid. Or so I am told. But I almost always make it a point not to touch it. That's because I have seen people dip their fingers into the bowl to extract it - despite the fact that a spoon is kept for precisely the same purpose. Some people even to tip part of the scooped stuff back into the bowl if they feel that they have taken more than what they want to eat. Yuck!

So I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days back when I noticed this nifty little Saunf dispenser at one of my favorite eateries. You can just tilt it to pour out the contents and it will be quite a task to tip the stuff back into the bottle without fully opening the container.


I guess this is as good as it gets - unless of course you want to lock the container down!

No comments: