Friday, October 4, 2013

Corn Malaidar

Cooking is something you should never do when you are in a hurry. That should be Rule #1 in any cookbook. But that's the rule that often gets broken - at least as far as I am concerned. I had wanted to try this recipe since a long time because I was kind of getting sick of the steamed corn + salt + red chilli powder + chaat masala routine. However, the steamed corn was sitting in the fridge since the past 2-3 days and in imminent(??) danger of getting all sticky and spoiled.

That's why I was in a hurry and so forgot that the corn + milk mixture was supposed to be coarse-grained. I used the mixer for just a second longer and the mixture got turned into a fine paste. 'There goes my recipe' I said in exasperation. Of course, I had to go through the rest of the steps. I tasted it with more than a bit of trepidation. And Voila! It tasted really good. :-)

I must note that since I didn't have any soya milk at hand, I used plain milk. And since I don't much like mint (except for the divine mint chutney served at places like Punjab Grill or Copper Chimney!) I used coriander leaves to finish the dish.

Next time, I will make sure the corn paste is coarse-grained!

No comments: