Friday, October 4, 2013

Costa Coffee

If it were possible to die of sugar overdose, I would have died that day. And gone straight to heaven - because I was so happy and contented! The reason for such happiness was Costa Coffee and two of the deserts on their menu. I am not a big fan of coffee - unless, of course, it is the South Indian filter one. I especially hate the coffee being served at these cafes because no matter how many sugar packets you empty into the cup, the coffee still tastes bitter. I suspect that's because coffee is supposed to be bitter and hence is more of an acquired taste.

So I steered clear of the beverages and limited myself to the eatables on the menu. The spicy ones were totally out of the question - like coffee I don't like any of the sandwiches that are being served at these cafes. Eying the array of deserts, I caught sight of the Carrot Cake with its 3-4 layers that looked yummy. I would be lying if I said that the thought of the loads of calories didn't cross my mind. It did and I totally brushed it aside. If you got to have sweet, you got to have sweet. To hell with the calories. So I ordered a slice of it.


Carrot Cake
And then noticed Butterscotch Oat Crumble Muffin which looked cute as a button as it sat there nestled in a thin brown paper as if saying 'Eat Me'. How could I resist?


Butterscotch Oat Crumble Muffin
To tell you the truth, it was totally worth it - down to the last spoonful of it. Sadly, I had to share both deserts with the rest of the party - they found the coffee a bit too bitter to swallow.

No comments: