Thursday, August 11, 2011

I wouldn't have overheard the conversation but the office was unusually quite that afternoon. Plus the 2 people in question were talking just outside my cabin.

The girl was determined to narrate all her domestic issues to her colleague. Looked like her uncle is trying to fix up marriage of one of her male cousins. They had been to a girl's house, found her suitable and finalized the marriage. Turns out the groom-to-be is in love with some other girl and determined to marry only her. Groom's father is now in a fix - he cannot go to the first girl's parents and tell them to cancel the wedding. And he is not able to convince his son either. Absolutely the stuff Hindi movies are made of, if you ask me. The girl in my office was asking her colleague what he thought.

I don't know what the colleague told her because they passed our of my earshot soon. But I felt like going out and telling this girl what I thought. The solution is so simple when it comes to the problems in someone else's life, isn't it? The boy's father should go to the first girl's family without wasting even a minute and tell the truth. Sure, her parents will kick up a fuss. But if they are sensible, they will also thank him for sparing their daughter a loveless marriage. In any case, he would have done what is right.

Then the father should come home and kick his son in the butt for making him go through this. A coward useless fellow like him deserves a resounding one! God help the girl he is in love with, should they get married :-(

No comments: