Friday, August 12, 2011

There are 2 TV ads that I simply cannot stand these days. One is the Head & Shoulders one featuring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor. I have never really understood this celebrity endorsement thing. Why would I want to buy any product just because some actor/actress/sportsperson has been paid handsomely to tell me that it is good? As if a single celebrity isn't enough they now come in pairs as if it's a 'buy one, get one free' package. First it was John Abraham and Bipasha Basu. Now it is Saif and Kareena. Totally maddening!

Then there is this Wego ad. My eyes take on a glassy stare each time it airs. That's why I couldn't fathom out the product it was advertising despite viewing it 5-6 times. When I finally could, I felt like picking up something heavy and hurling it at the TV.

Contrast that with the Cadbury Celebrations ad that is being aired on the radio these days. I listen to it fully every time and just love it. It captures the essence of Raksha Bandhan so beautifully that you almost forget that they are pitching for the chocolates. Simply yum!

No comments: