Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I finally managed to buy myself a new mobile. I wasn't being a miser. It's simply that I love clam-shell phones and they are almost extinct in India. So I didn't want to part with my current one. Plus the fact that there is nothing wrong with the current phone, except for maybe its appearance - it's exterior shell has got chipped in places. Since there are no clam-shell models in India, I decided to settle for a sliding one.

Buying the new phone was the easy part, it's the switching of the data that's giving me nightmares. Transferring Contact List was child's play. But for some reason or other, I cannot see the hundreds of SMSs that I have saved when I connect my phone to the laptop. All along I was under the impression that they have been stored on the memory card. But looks like the memory card doesn't work anymore and that the messages have been stored on the phone memory instead. I don't see that in the synchronizing software. My heart sinks at the thought of losing all these messages.

Then there is the Notes section where I have jotted everything from the names of books that I came across to the URLs of useful websites. There is Calendar where there are reminders for friends' birthdays, beauty parlor appointments, calls to the financial planner and for applying oil to my hair! I am desperately hoping that the software will help me transfer all of this to the new phone with a click or else I am doomed :-(

I am hoping that I will be able to sort this all out during the coming long weekend. Wish me luck!

No comments: