Thursday, August 11, 2011

I think the list of "What should not be included" must be longer than "what must be included" - at least as far as resumes in the IT sector are concerned. There are the usual culprits like "First prize in inter-society Kabaddi matches" and "Loves watching movies" - I have not been able to fathom out what these have got to do with the job in question unless the organization posting the job has a Kabaddi team in place or screens movies during the lunch breaks.

Then, almost everyone wants a challenging position though few are able to describe it when asked during the interview, and I am sure that fewer still will welcome it, should it present itself during the course of their career. Most of us want to do our job and go home on time instead of pulling an all-nighter, right?

I weep with desperation every time I come across a resume containing spelling mistakes. Word does have a spell checker, for God's sake!

But I saw something unique in a resume today. The person had listed % scored in each of the 8 semesters in Engineering. I am still reeling from the shock!

No comments: