Sunday, October 2, 2016

Grey's Anatomy, Season 12

Barely a third of the way into this season and I am already fighting down the urge to abandon watching it altogether. It is difficult to point out a single reason for this fatigue. In fact, I am quite sure that there is more than one reason to do that.

First of all, I feel tired by the sheer amount of emotional drama this time around. Every character seems conflicted - with the exception of Alex Karev. Meredith and Amelia are constantly at each other's throats. Jackson and April are fighting. Jo is being selfish. Edwards is reeling under a superiority complex. Bailey, who used to be my role model once, has been walking on cloud nine since becoming the Chief. Weber seems lost.

Second, the females have suddenly decided to make full use of their vocal chords. Amelia, Meredith, Maggie, Jo, Edwards, April, Arizona, Callie - they have been talking their heads off. I don't know how the men have been able to stand it for so long but at least I am losing it. How I wish someone would yell 'Shut Up' once in every episode.

Third, there is just too much of sex. Sometimes I wonder if I am watching 'Sex And The City' instead. Everyone seems to be having just that one thing on their mind. I am amazed they are able to concentrate at all on the surgeries and patients.

And lastly, the medical aspect of the show seems to have been firmly pushed to the background. There is more misunderstanding, yelling, explanations, doubts and conflicts than diagnosis, medicines, diseases and cures. Seriously guys, if we want drama we will go watch something else.

I can't believe I have 16 more episodes to go before this season ends. I doubt if I have it in me to keep watching. And that's a shame because this used to be one of my favorite shows :-(

No comments: