Sunday, March 27, 2016

And finally one big round of applause for the team of Afghanistan! They played a hell of a match against the West Indies today. I was rooting for them right from the beginning of this match and suffered some anxious moment towards the end. But they pulled through. Way to go guys!

The other day one of my friends made the mistake of asking me who I am I rooting for in this world cup. I threw my rule-book at him, sort of. Here goes:

1. Any match involving India, I am obviously rooting for the Indians.
2. Any match involving Pakistan, I am obviously rooting for the other team.
3. Any match involving a South Asian country except for Pakistan, I cheer for the South Asian country.
4. Any match involving England, I am rooting for the other team unless the other team is Pakistan, in which case rule no. 2 applies.
5. In all the other cases (e.g. Australia vs. New Zealand) I am neutral.

Neat, isn't it? :-)

No comments: