Friday, March 13, 2015

Tibetan Bazaar, Dehradun

When the driver told us that we were at Tibetan Bazaar, I first wondered if there were two places with the same name in the city. The bazaar looked nothing like what had been described on the internet. Various travel sites had me believe that one can buy semi-precious stones, Tibetan jewellery and artifacts here. Yet, no matter where I looked, all I could see were hawkers sitting amid heaps of clothes.

I walked on till the very end in the hopes that the shops or at least vendors selling these items would be some distance ahead but no such luck. There was only one guy sitting with bangles that didn't look any different than what are sold outside Mumbai suburban train stations.

Totally disappointed, I got in the car and we left for Palatan Bazaar.

No comments: