Sunday, November 9, 2014

Tertulia, Shivaji Park

"A new eatery in Shivaji Park? Where?" I asked incredulously. "In the lane next to Tamnak Thai" I was told. Tamnak has always been my favorite for their Phad Thai and I have always felt that they don't see as much of a footfall as they should considering their excellent food.

So what's this new place about? I decided to check it out last Sunday. It looked pretty ordinary from the outside. But appearances can be deceptive and that is true about this place as well. As soon as you step in, you cannot but appreciate the decor. Make it a point to sit in the inner room. Bare walls, old clocks and chandeliers, it's a pleasure to sit there. The only sore point is the high chairs, which could be troublesome if you have any senior citizens in the group.


Beetroot Risotto had to be part of the order. I wanted to go for Herb Roast Chicken but the server said that it is not boneless. When I asked for his suggestion, he advised us to go for Sea Salt Rubbed 'Grilled Chicken'. I am not too fond of grilled stuff. So I tried to ask him about how they differed but didn't get a convincing answer. We decided to go with his suggestion anyways. But I was skeptical till the dish arrived. Then all my doubts were to put to rest, for good.

 
Beetroot Risotto
Beetroot Risotto could have been more in quantity. But what it lacked in quantity department, it more than made up for in quality. I don't like beetroot as a vegetable but I could eat this risotto every day. That reminds me - I must hunt for its recipe on the net and try to make it at home. It would be such a blast if I can. :-) God bless the server for suggesting Grilled Chicken. A delectable mix of tender chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies. Wish I had more storage space in my stomach!

Sea Salt Rubbed Grilled Chicken
Definitely a place to visit again and again. Just make sure to reserve your table in advance. Then sit back, relax and enhoy your food :-)

P.S. They seem to have a fantastic breakfast menu.

No comments: