Sunday, April 7, 2013

Every IPL I remind myself that I shouldn't read much in the name 'Mumbai Indians', that they have got nothing to do with the city except the team name and that I risk increasing my chances of getting a cardiac arrest if I take their matches seriously. And every IPL, I forget that.

The result is that I suffered a lot of heartburn because the first two MI matches weren't much to write home about. Though the team did manage to win yesterday's match, it wasn't a comfortable win. They had come within inches of losing it. I laughed out aloud when I saw the caption 'अख्खा मुंबई खेलेगा' on one of their posters. If their current performance is anything to go by, the city will have to chip in if they don't up their game anytime soon.

While we are speaking of the IPL, I hope there are others like me who feel that Sidhu talks a bit too much. And not all he talks makes sense. Yesterday, while talking about Pollard he quoted a saying - a rough English translation would go something like this 'a piece of charcoal turns into a diamond only under pressure'. I guess his intention was to call Pollard a diamond but I am not sure he even realized that he ended up linking him to a piece of charcoal. Not a very politically correct comment!

On another occasion, he called Dhoni's performance 'Paranormal'. Huh? I think the word he was looking for was 'Superhuman'.

If words could speak, they would have got a restraining order against this guy for the rest of his life :-)

No comments: