Sunday, April 7, 2013

Asia 7






What's wrong with TGIF? When we turned up there for lunch on a weekend, we found that most of the dishes are tucked away in their 2-course lunch and dinner options which are available only from Monday to Friday. Their offerings for weekends are not only pricier but also pretty limited in choice. We ended up walking out.

Out next stop was Asia 7. Since I can make Khao Soi at home, I was on lookout for something different. We zeroed in on 'Meal In a Bowl' - with chicken. This one is available with a choice of sauces like Black Bean and butter garlic for example. We chose the latter, and of course, Pad Thai noodles.

The dishes took their time to make their way to out table. Or maybe I thought so because I was ravenously hungry. The 'Meal In a Bowl' came in a huge bowl - with plenty of veggies like carrots, broccoli, cabbage and spring onions to give company to the chicken. The sauce was tasty and I wished there was more of it in the dish. The pieces of chicken were a bit too large for my taste but were superbly cooked. All in all, the dish went well with the plain rice that it was served on (the other choice being, of course, noodled).

The Pad Thai was what stole my heart away. The chicken was cut in bite sized pieces and the seasoning was perfect (the peanuts complimented the dish rather than dominating it). The best Pad Thai that I have eaten so far in my life!

I have always loved the fortune cookies that are served at the end of the meal. The ones that were served in Asia 7 were so delicious that I was tempted to ask where they got them from. In case you are curious about the messages, here are two of them:

A courteous smile to fellow travelers brightens the day

You will have many important meeting visits and chance encounters

And the best of all:

Do not worry of growing older, with age comes wisdom.

So, if you ask me where you can get the best Pad Thai in town, I will say, without a moment' hesitation - Asia 7!

No comments: