Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cooking is a Rocket Science

I felt that the challenge in which the Masterchef Australia contestants had to cook up 4 dishes without any recipes was a tough one. How can you figure out all the ingredients that go in the making of any dish just by tasting it? This one brought forth another question which always haunts me every time I eat a tasty dish - who must have thought of this recipe?

I was reading the Mint Indulge issue when I found the answer in Madhu Menon's "Getting It Just Right" article. Most of us stop at "Right Recipes" steps, but I think those of us who enjoy cooking should make a conscious effort to take the baby steps towards learning about Right Ingredients, Right Techniques and Right Flavors. Mastering "Right Balance" seems difficult at best. And I seriously doubt if I will ever get the time or have the enthusiasm to even venture into the last 3 - Right Composition, Right Ideas and Right Learning.

They sure seem like Rocket Science to me! :-)

2 comments:

Madhu Menon said...

Thanks for the kind words about my article. Even if you get past the first few stages, you're still doing pretty good. The important thing is to keep trying to learn more. :)

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Thank you Mr. Menon for that wonderful article and for your comment! :-)