Monday, October 31, 2011

Saturday morning was 'Call-Customer-Service Day'. First, a call to the Internet Service Provider where I was kept on hold for close to 10 minutes. Tired of listening to the same song, I hung up and called my mobile service provider. I explained to the person that I should have been given discount for the entire number of local messages that I had sent and not a partial one. He too kept me on hold for what seemed like eternity and then told me that he agreed with me! I was told that a request had been made to adjust the amount in the next billing cycle. I should have been given the request number without asking for it but I wasn't so I asked for it. Still, I am not sure that the amount will be adjusted. Oh, and BTW, I didn't even bring up the issue of the service charge and Cess that was levied on top of this extra amount. Who will argue with the customer representative for 2-3 rupees? And that too, on a Saturday morning when the thought of going to office after a break of 5 days is just haunting you like hell. :-)

After that it was back to the Internet Service Provider. This time, I got through and an impersonal recorded voice read out summary of my account - without once asking for my customer account number. I was dumbstruck for a moment. For a bizarre moment it felt as if I have forgotten to log off a site and on returning to the page can see my account details. Did I or didn't I call the mobile service provider in between? Then it struck me that they probably have a new system in place that ties up customer's mobile number with their customer account number. I felt rather silly after I made that deduction.

But for a moment I was totally zapped. Guess the brain is addled up after eating too many Diwali sweets :-)

No comments: