Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The other day I came across a Chinese movie while surfing the channels. I think it was Shaolin Soccer but I am not sure. There was one scene in which the protagonist goes looking for some woman. He ends up at the bakery she used to work for. The owner there tells him that she was sacked sometime back. When he asks why she says that the lady, who was once famous for her sweet breads - was turning out salty breads since past few days. On hearing this, our hero imagines the lady kneading the dough at her work table and crying as she misses him. He realizes that it were her tears falling into the dough that were making the bread salty!

I am not sure if this was supposed to be something romantic but my stomach fairly churned at the thought of someone's tears mixing with the dough of my bread. Eeeeewwwww!

No comments: