Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Hollow - by Nora Roberts

I must confess, it was like walking in on a movie after about a third of it is over. You grope in the dark for some time before you can find your chair and the storyline! But the fault was entirely mine as I picked up this book not knowing that it is the 2nd one in the Sign of Seven Trilogy.

So it took me some time to understand who Hawkins, Hester Deale and Giles Dent are. Somewhere along the way I fugured just who in the hell is Twisse (Pun absolutely intended!). It all starts with 3 boys - Cal, Gage and Fox - who decide to celebrate their 10th birthday near an ancient pagan stone in the woods. Thanks to a blood ritual that they carry out, they unleash an ancient demon, Twisse, who starts plaguing their little village for 7 days, in the 7th month, every 7 years!

It turns out that the boys are the descendants of one Giles Dent, a Guardian who had imprisoned the demon in the stone in the 1st place. In this 2nd novel, they are joined by 3 ladies (do I need to mention that they are gorgeous?) - Cybil, Quinn and Layla - who are descendants of Twisse but are equally determined to send him back thttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=4092021796219037880o where he has come from.

An entertaining read if you remember to read the novels in their proper order, which I of course didn't. There is no reason for me to go back to the first novel of the series - Blood Brothers. So I have asked the attendant at the library to find out if they have the last one - The Pagan Stone.

No comments: