Monday, May 3, 2010

I went to 3 photo exhibitions in the city yesterday evening.

One captured places and faces in what appeared to be the Northeastern region of India - loads of greenery and vast landscape, something which has been disappearing at an alarming rate in the cities.

The second had aerial snaps of important places in Maharashtra - such as temples, rivers and forts. Overall it was fun to see these places from such a unique angle but sadly it also captured the slums that have encroached illegally around many :-(

The last exhibition featured photos of flora and fauna at different places in Maharashtra. I remember standing still in front of 2 photos that captured a solitary tree against the evening sky. Spellbinding, I say!

Needless to say, these exhibitions reminded me once again of the promise that I have made myself years ago - to wander along across the country capturing its landscape and people. There is no question of 'if", but of "when".

With this salve applied generously to my city-born and city-torn soul, I plunge into another crazy week till I am able to say again "Thank God It's Friday"! :-)

Have a good week ahead folks!

No comments: