Monday, March 2, 2009

It feels as if it has been ages since I wrote about the TV ads. So here are some which I love to watch and some others who drive me up the wall:

Just love the sweet granny who rattes off the IVR menu for blessings when her grandson touches her feet. You have got to see this ad to hear what she says when he chooses the option which promises a beautiful bride for him. The Bank of Baroda guys have got the CBS message spot on with this gem :-)

Is there any insurance plan for the hapless viewer who has to endure boring banal ads smack in the middle of an interesting program? If yes, Bajaj Allianz would do well to start selling it because their ad with that heavy-weight guy doing impossible acrobatic tricks is banal enough to drive consumers off their balconies - with or without protection!

I am not sure about the new Airtel ad. On one hand, I like the way they have made use of the child's innocence to drive home the point. But on the other hand, I am not too sure the kids should be given an impression that he/she can approach one parent to complain against another when it is a matter of discipline. :-(

Likewise, the new Virgin Mobile ad has me stumped. Why is that bespectacled girl talking in two different styles - one polite and the other one, umm, not so polite? :-)

No comments: