Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I have always admired yesteryear's famous actress Rekha for her timeless beauty and grace. Whosoever has watched her in that movie with the song "गुम है किसीके प्यार मै दिल सुबह शाम" and again in movie "अगर तुम ना होते" cannot help but be amazed at the startling transformation of a chubby short actress into a shapely beauty. But I must confess that I have also felt sorry for her. God knows heartbreak is horrible enough but to be reminded of the loss every time you attend one of the Bollywood functions must surely be agonizing. I have always felt the journos deserve to be hanged till death for such callousness।

That's why I was angry with Rekha when I read about how Amitabh positiveky shuned her at the Filmfare awards ceremony. For those of you who came late, reportedly, Rekha hugged Abhishek Bachhan and Aishwariya Rai, oops sorry, Aishwariya Rai Bachhan but before she could reach Amitabh he got up and moved away।

So I wondered why Rekha needed to do this? Surely, it wasn't to give the journos their photo-op of a lifetime. God knows they have hounded her at every award ceremony for precisely that. I also find it hard to believe that she still has the old flame burning. Then was it an attempt to let bygones be bygones? Whatever her reason, it didn't work out.

Now if I were in her place, I would have given such a man and his family a shoulder so cold so as to put the Antarctica to shame! I strongly believe in the adage 'Hell hath no fury...."

No comments: