Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Bowl House, R-City Mall

When it comes to food, this mall spoils you for choice for sure. I debated for quite some time between going to the Village or The Banana Leaf and then happened to pass by The Bowl House. The menu was a mix of dishes from Malaysia, Korea and Japan. Why not give it a try?

So we went in, perused the menu and ordered Chicken Chilli and Chicken Teriyaki with Udon noodles. The Chicken Chilli took me back to my childhood days as it tasted a bit like the chilli chicken we used to have in Worli's Flora restaurant. For years, I have been searching for the same flavor across restaurants without success. Can't say this one was an exact match but it was close enough to remind me of Flora. :-)


This was very first encounter with the Udon noodles. Can't say I can find fault with their taste. The texture might come across as a bit heavy for those of us used to thinner Chinese noodles. The flavor was very good but I couldn't help but notice that their appearance was eerily similar to that of the insects that are shown crawling over plates of leftover food in science-fiction or horror movies, especially when you pick up a spoonful and the rest slide over each other in the plate. I don't think I am ordering Udon noodles anytime soon.

The seating arrangement was fine. The service was prompt and courteous. Definitely worth more visits to sample more of their menu.

No comments: