Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Munnar - Sightseeing Summary

So, if I were to re-plan my itinerary here's how I would go about it.

Make sure the two waterfalls are covered on your way into Munnar. CSI Church of Munnar is a must-visit followed by Anaimudi. The tea factory can be skipped unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

I am not sure if the Lukkom falls and Sandalwood forest (the drive to the forest is pretty long but very beautiful) can be covered on the same day. Make sure to visit the flower/botanical garden.

Check boating timings before you visit Mutupatty dam. Since we never made it to Kundala lake I cannot say anything about it. If you have visited Echo points anywhere else, the one here can be safely given a miss.

There is an elephant safari place that we went to visit but didn't opt for it as I wasn't too sure about the way they strapped the visitors to the elephant's back. Definitely not recommended for senior citizens.

Muniyara caves are at a short distance from the Sandalwood forest so if you decide to visit the forest, cover a few extra miles to take a look.But be forewarned that you could be disappointed.

No comments: