Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Aleph - Paulo Coelho

My problem is that I cannot believe what the author is saying. Sure, it all sounds perfectly logical when I am reading the book. Yes, this world is like a train and each one of us is a traveler moving from one carriage (i.e. life) to the next. Otherwise there is no reason why I feel very comfortable with some people (as if I have known them for years) and cannot bear to be in the same room with other. The connection has to go deeper than this life. Yes, it is possible that we keep meeting the people with whom we have unresolved issues from past lives so we can get them resolved as we go along. Yes, it is possible that some places make me feel safe and comfortable just because they are Alephs and I am not evolved enough to see them for what they are.

But after the book is read and returned to the library and I am back to the grind of daily life, it somehow stops making sense. How is it possible to visit past lives just by imagining that a golden ring is passing across one's body at great speed? How can someone see himself or herself in past life and feel the same emotions? Seems like a plot straight off a sci-fi movie. What's worse is that the life suddenly starts looking for complicated than it already is if everything that the author says is true. How on this earth am I supposed to sort out pending issues from past lives (not the plurality) when I don't find time to complete pending tasks from this one? :-(

Looks like I just have many more lives to go through, don't I?

No comments: