Sunday, August 3, 2014

Watermelon Feta Salad

I have tried this salad at two places and it has become one of my all-time favorites. It looked so deceptively simple that I thought making it would be a breeze. I couldn't have been more wrong.

During my first attempt I used orange juice in the dressing and that gave the whole dish an unwanted bitter note. I was so heartbroken that I didn't attempt it again till now. This time I made use of lemon juice and vinegar - 1 tablespoon each - added a pinch of salt and whisked it while adding olive oil.  I poured this mixture over freshly cut melon cubes. Crumbled a generous amount of Feta and tossed it in. Finally, I sauteed pine nuts in butter and sprinkled them over the salad.

And voila! A salad that you have to make a Herculean effort to stop eating :-)

No comments: