Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I finally managed to listen to songs from the Golden Era during cab journey to office today morning :-) It so happened that the cab windows were slightly tinted. It made me uneasy in the beginning but I realized that it was not possible to read the paper because the sky was overcast as usual. Happily I fished out the earphones and got lost in the 60s and 70s. Some of the gems that brightened my morning - आजा पिया तोहे प्यार दू, तुझको पुकारे मेरा प्यार, नैनोंमे बदरा छाये, ये समा समा है ये प्यारका, हमने देखी है......

And finally the all-time favorite by the late Jagjit Singh - अगर हम कहे और वो मुस्कुरा दे. Incidentally, it had been raining when I had listened to this gazal for the first time, years ago.

अगर हम कहे और वो मुस्कुरा दे
हम उनके लिये जिंदगानी लुटा दे
हर एक मोड पर हम गमोंको सजा दे
चलो जिंदगी को मुहोबत बनाये

Perfect lines for a rain-soaked morning, what say? :-)

No comments: