Monday, May 26, 2014

Supernatural - Season 9 Finale

Looks like the Supernatural team was finally able to put together an episode worthy of being called the Season Finale - after a string of painfully mediocre episodes which seemed to do nothing but somehow drag the story to the Finale. It was soul-satisfying to see the pesky Metatron being cut to size. I had suspected that the Finale would spring a surprise or two on the audience and then leave them to stew till the 10th season. But making Dean reborn as a demon was shocking. I guess that was the price that Cain had said the First Blade would exact. What I am unable to figure out is whether Crowley knew about it and didn't let on to Dean so he could recruit him.

The scene in which the homeless people crowd around Metatron because he is a Miracle Man seemed straight out of real life. When he said something to the effect that he is there for the people while the God who humanity prays to in their hour of need doesn't even know their names, it stunned me for a moment. Hats off to whosoever wrote this dialogue!

I had hoped that the angels would all be sent to Heaven in this episode. No such luck! I wonder what Sam will do without Dean. But I would love to see Castiel in a leadership role - that is long overdue - in the new season. And, can we finally get to see God as well please? :-)

No comments: