Sunday, December 15, 2013

Stir Fried Vegetables In Peanut-Chilli Sauce

Recently, I was looking for a gravy dish as an accompaniment - other than vegetables in Schezwan, Manchurian or sweet-sour sauce - for Chinese Fried Rice. I have tried a few recipes from Sailu's Kitchen and liked them. So I checked it out and found 'Peanut Flavored Vegetable Fried Rice & Stir Fried Vegetables In Peanut-Chilli Sauce'.

I am not a big fan of peanuts. Since the gravy cannot be made without them, I decided to omit them from the fried rice. Actually, I did not make fried rice as per her recipe because I thought it would be too bland for my taste. But I followed her recipe for the Stir fried veggies to a tee. And the result was delicious. :-)

Who knew the Chinese and the Thai would get along so famously!

No comments: