Sunday, December 15, 2013

Buniyaad (80s series) on DD National

I was surfing the TV channels last Thursday when I noticed the words 'Buniyaad' in the TV schedule. The channel in question was DD National so I tuned in. Sure enough, it was the 80s show. This episode had Lajo (Anita Kanwar), Satbir (Kanwaljeet Singh), Roshan (Mazhar Khan), J.B. (Abhinav Chaturvedi), his fiancee Mangala (Krittika Desai) and J.B's parents (Anjana Mumtaz and Vijendra Ghatge).

Funnily enough, I seem to remember that Lajo is a widow when her husband, MasterJi (Alok Nath) marries her, that though she raises Satbir as her own son, he is actually a son born out of wedlock to her husband's sister Veerawali (Kiran Juneja) and J.B.'s dad and that Mangala later falls for Satbir. :-)

I checked the channel's schedule - the show is aired every Wed-Thurs at 10:30pm :-)

No comments: