Thursday, May 2, 2013


I use Asana for managing team's tasks at work. And must say that I find it very handy. It doesn't take long to master its features. There is no poring over lengthy manuals or help sections. You can do all the basic things like creating tasks for different projects, assigning them to team members, adding comments, uploading related documents, creating sub-tasks (with their own comments, due dates and assignees), putting a due date on tasks and adding followers for monitoring progress. The system sends mail alerts till the job gets done. Very neat and efficient!

But there are a few things I wish it had. One, I cannot assign a joint responsibility for any task. Each task has to be assigned to one and only one person. Two, I cannot force order in which tasks get completed. So I cannot create a pipeline in which the next party in the stream knows when the predecessor's output is ready to be used as input for its task. Lastly, I cannot archive tasks selectively.

But there is no denying that it has boosted the team's efficiency to a great extent besides saving a lot of emailing that goes into keeping all interested parties informed. So I am loving it! :-)

No comments: