Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I have stopped watching news channels – again! I am filled with a curious mixture of sadness and anger every time I hear anything about Sarabjit Singh. I am sad because I can feel the pain of his wife, daughters and sisters. I am sad because I cannot imagine the pain that was inflicted on him. I am angry because the inefficient government still seems to be following Gandhiji’s Mantra of turning the other cheek when slapped on one and I can do absolutely nothing about it!

Why do we have to behave as if it’s Satya Yuga when it comes to our meddlesome neighbors – be it China or Pakistan? Why can’t we take a decisive stand? Why can’t we hit them where it hurts the most? What do we, the citizens of this country, have to do to not feel as if we are a nation made up of straw people?
Lots of questions – and no answers! So it is best not to watch the news. Ignorance is indeed bliss!

No comments: