Sunday, February 12, 2012

A visit to VJTI is almost never complete without a stroll in the vegetable market near Matunga station. This area has changed a lot since my student days. But still it's a treat to walk among the heaps of fruits and vegetables - some of them used exclusively in South Indian cooking. A few days back, I had jotted down a recipe for Raw Banana Curry while watching Sanjeev Kapoor's Kitchen (Food Food channel) and decided to give it a try. So I bought 3 of them and plan to cook the curry next week. :-)

I also visited one of the shops at the corner in front of Maheshwari Udyan to buy a special variety of Papads called Khichiya Papad. I know, everyone these days is asking us to cut down on fried food but these papads taste just heavenly when you fry them. I am planning a little feast of tamarind rice, lemon rasam, raw banana curry and fried Khichiya Papads - heaven on plate. What say? :-)

No comments: