Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dhunki laage re....

"Just what on earth is this Dhudki" - I must have wondered for the nth time as I listened to the song from 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan'. Yet, I always forgot to look it up on the net. Finally, I remembered to do so while I was online (no, I don't connect to the net from my cell phone!). Turns out that the word is 'Dhunki', and not 'Dhudki' as I keep hearing every time I listen to this song, which by the way has become my absolute favorite.

If you too are puzzled over the meaning of this word, check out http://www.bollymeaning.com/2011/07/dhunki-meaning.html. Yes, there is a site devoted to meanings of the words in Hindi movie songs! I guess one of these days, we will search for God on Google and find Him, finally :-)

Still, is it really 'Dhunki'? Why do I keep hearing it as "Dhudki" then? Will Google have answer for that as well? :-)

No comments: