Friday, October 14, 2011

Bhutan gets a Queen!

If it were not for a feature done by the Mint, I would never even have known about the Royal wedding in neighboring Bhutan. I don't know about other TV channels but I didn't see any news about it on Times Now, my preferred channel. I can understand why, this wedding might have boosted the Gross National Happiness of Bhutan but it will hardly cause any flutter in the TRPs as far as the channels are concerned.

Well, stepping into a royal household - where the King's father has 4 wives (all sisters!) and the King himself has 9 other siblings - isn't going to be a cakewalk, especially for a Queen who is just 21. For an Indian woman, this might well sound like something straight from a typical saas-bahu drama that is being dished out daily across the country by all TV channels.

My best wishes to the royal couple and especially to the Queen :-) After all, the mothers-in-law do tend to forget that 'साँसभी कभी बहु थी' ;-)

No comments: