Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I am just 1 or 2 books shy of from reaching a personal milestone - of reading 200 books in 5 years! :-)

One of the recent novels that I read was Blindsight by Robin Cook. The plot was good, though a bit implausible. And in the last few pages, the novel sounded rather like a Hindi whodunit where all the characters are in a hurry to tie the last remaining loose ends in the plot before the patrons walk out the door. :-)

Just last week I finished reading Agatha Christie's "The Unexpected Guest". Reading the plot summary on the back page made me wonder if the Hindi movie "धुंद" was based on this one. Turns out that it must have been a loose adaptation, if any. The killer in the novel was different from the one shown in the movie. But as always, the novel was a fantastic read!

P.S. I have decided not to use the word "Bollywood" anymore. A few days back, I came across an article which mentioned that Amitabh Bachhan doesn't use the word because he thinks that it is a "plagiarized often used euphemism". Now, I cannot be counted as a fan of Mr. Bachhan. But I think there is merit in what he says. Hence the words "Hindi movie" instead of "Bollywood movie".

No comments: