Monday, January 18, 2010

In my earlier job, a close friend and colleague used to always complain about the frequent trips she had to make to Aus-NZ. One day I had asked her if she would rather go to Haiti. She had smiled at that.

And now that country is devastated by a major earthquake. What do you do when the very Earth on which you have built your life shakes beneath your feet? What do you do when all that you see everywhere is collapsed houses, shattered dreams and death staring you in the face? What do you do when life as you knew it ceases to exist?

I cannot even begin to fathom what the people there must be going through. It is heartening to see the countries world over rush to their help but it's going to be one long painful process.

What can you and me do? Sadly, I no longer trust donating money for such disasters because I don't know if it ever reaches the victims. So all I can do is pray - that they get the strength to take in this loss , to rebuild their country and that those who lost their lives find peace. Amen!

No comments: