Thursday, January 21, 2010

I was hopping mad yesterday because I have been asked to make a client presentation once again without sufficient training - and this despite my clearly stating, well in advance, that I need product training for any future presentations. Maybe I am a perfectionist, I don't know.

What I know is that if you ask for time or training, people take it as some kind of mental block or lack of confidence. It is much better (and less headache-causing!) to manage things as they are - even if that means you will not be able to do your best.

And that set me off yesterday because I don't want to be like that. I don't at all want to accustom myself to this "it will always be like this here" attitude. But I understand that it is necessary for my peace of mind. Hell, if you cannot change people, adapt yourself.

I agree that it will be tough behaving like that in the present job and yet to retain my true attitude of always asking for whatever is needed to do the best job, hoping that it will be appreciated in my next job.

But I am going to give it a shot.

No comments: