Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am reading Paulo Coelho's "The Witch of Portobello" these days. And frankly, I am not sure what to make of it. :-( I mean I know I don't have much sympathy for someone who rushes into marriage at the age of 19-20 just because if she delays it further she will not be able to be a friend to her child. That's one of the weirdest reasons anyone could come up with for entering into motherhood. What has age got to do with being friends with your child?

Okay, then there is divorce of course - no surprise there. Then some philosophy about Calligraphy, which, frankly, I didn't much understand apart from the fact that it needs loads of patience. I remember once doing a beginner's class of Calligraphy and know that it is true. Since patience has never been one of my virtues, I had wisely given up.

So anyways, now the portion that I am reading talks about when the protagonist, Athena, meets her Gypsy mother. Let's see what's in store. But frankly, I am hugely disappointed. :-(

No comments: