Saturday, January 3, 2009

It never struck me till a newspaper article brought it up. We have all praised those who died in the line of duty when the “10 cowards from Pakistan” went on a rampage on 26th November in Mumbai. But we, as a nation, seem to have forgotten about all those common citizens who died when all that they were doing was going about life as usual. :-( I stand guilty as charged for not having written a single line in their memory here.

But it’s not too late I suppose to make amends. And so I pray here that all those who lost their lives that day find peace!

I need to rectify one more mistake. There were countless others – cops, commandoes, railway staff, Taj and Oberoi staff, Fire Brigade people – who went beyond their call of duty to save lives. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for what you did! And I pray that, God Forbid, but if such an incident occurs again in this country, then all of us find strength and courage to fight back and to save lives.

No comments: