Friday, March 22, 2019

Supernatural S14, E8


There was a time, eons ago, when the death of any one of the major characters of this show made me anxious. As seasons rolled by, I realized that none of them stay dead for long - maybe for a season at the most. Except for Crowley, of course J

So I wasn’t too perturbed when Jack fell sick in previous episode. Hell, I didn’t even bat an eyelid when he breathed his last right at the very beginning of this one. They would bring him back sooner or later, I told myself. A deal with a Ripper, a summons to the crossroads demon, more of Rowena’s spells or- if all else fails - a desperate plea to the God Almighty (where in the world is Chuck BTW?). But even I was surprised when Jack was resurrected right at the end of this very episode. That was super-fast.

No prizes for guessing that Lily would be admitted through the pearly gates for this selfless act. People dying and going straight to Heaven or Hell kind of stumped me. Here I was thinking that they have to wait till the Judgement Day. Not sure exactly how an Egyptian God fits in the Christian idea of Heaven but there he was, armed with an abacus, ready to slot people neatly into upstairs or downstairs quarters depending upon how their life’s actions tallied up. He looked more Indian than Egyptian though. Wonder if that was the result of outsourcing J

It was good to see Kelly after a long time. If I ever made it to Heaven my place will have a huge garden and a huge library. Oh, and a huge kitchen stocked with lots of ice-cream, chocolates, sweets and Lay’s Sour cream-onion and barbecue chips J

Why did Castiel have to make that nasty deal with the Empty? It is going to hang over my head like the proverbial sword of Damocles for the seasons to come. But wait, don’t the Winchesters always find a way out? Yes sir, they do. So no worries.

I am just not too happy to see Lucifer back. Will we ever see the last of him?  

No comments: