Sunday, September 4, 2016

Product I liked - Wagh Bakri Instant Tea Premix

Picture this: it's a quiet afternoon at home and you are trying to do your very best to get a task done. You feel sleepy and are finding it hard to concentrate. You could kill for a steaming cup of tea but are too bored/tired/lazy to go through the whole circus of boiling water, adding tea leaves and sugar, then milk, then waiting for a lifetime before straining the hot liquid into a cup. And you hate the very concept of dip tea. I don't know about you but I have gone through many such afternoons. I tried Girnar's instant tea premix but felt it was too watery for my taste. And then I chanced upon Wagh Bakri Instant Tea Premix. BTW, I need to find out the logic or story behind this brand name. The concept of a tiger and she-goat just doesn't make any sense to me.

Pros:

I tried the Ilaichi flavor. The tea does have a smell and taste of Ilachi. That sounds like a no-brainer but in the past I have come across products claiming to contain spices that can neither be smelt nor tasted. Some premix teas drive you deeper into the sleep kingdom but this one is strong enough to wake you up - despite the Ilaichi flavor. Just use a little less water for a stronger taste. Plus this premix doesn't leave disgusting lumps at the bottom of the cup if you don't stir as if your life depends on it.

Cons:

The tea consistency is still a bit watery for my comfort. But then premix teas cannot really boast of the density of freshly made tea.

There is no denying the fact that I can finish my cuppa tea without making funny faces or throwing half of it in the sink in the end. Mission accomplished! :-)

P.S. Neither I nor anyone from my family is related to this company. 

No comments: