Thursday, February 18, 2016

Social, Palladium, High Street Phoenix

I had looked at the item called 'Dhingara's Punjabi Breakfast' on the menu during all my previous visits to this eatery. But the words 'Kapde Phat Gaye' had stopped me cold in my tracks. I, however, was in an adventurous mood this time around so I mustered enough courage to order it. As you can see from the photo below, it consisted of choice of Parathas (aaloo), Chhole, Punjabi Samosa, Pickle, Fried Potato Chips and Lassi. Since their machine that served hot beverages was not working I was given choice of juice - I chose guava.

Dhingara's Punjabi Breakfast

To be frank, I was surprised to see just one paratha in the meal. Going by the words 'Kapde Phat Gaye', I was expecting at least 2 of them. Let me just say that I have eaten better parathas. Chhole were good but I could have done with a spicier version. Samosa was run-of-the-mill. Potato chips were crisp and properly seasoned - no complaints there! The Lassi stole the show - it was sweet, thick and creamy as a Lassi should be and packed quite a few surprises like chunks of watermelon and tons of nuts. If such Lassi is served in Punjab, I am willing to move their lock, stock and barrel :-)

The Ramesh & Suresh
 Another item on the menu that I had always wanted to try was "The Ramesh & Suresh" - those of you who have seen the 5 Star ads would understand why it is named so when I tell you that the menu lists the dish as "Deep fried 5-Star Fruit & Nut Chocolate Bars with Hot Chocolate Fudge vanilla ice-cream". Okay, anything with deep fried chocolate, fudge and ice-cream cannot go wrong. And this one was no exception. I am sure I must have had a huge grin on my face after polishing the last bit off the plate.

It is at these moments that you feel that all is just right with the world :-)

No comments: