Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Trouble In Mind - Jeffery Deaver

This one will remind you of Jeffrey Archer's 'A Twist In The Tale' for sure. 12 stories of whodunits where the story turns on its head towards its end, well, most of the times. My reactions were similar to what it was for Archer's book. I was surprised at the first twist in the first story and then I started looking out for ways the author could have tricked his readers. Sometimes I succeeded in guessing it and sometimes fell flat on my face. But I enjoyed every moment of it :-)

My personal favorites - Fast, Game, Bump, A Textbook Case, The Competitors, The Weapon

And the ones that I didn't much enjoy - The Obit, Forever, The Therapist, Reconciliation, Paradice, The Plot

I was particularly annoyed by The Obit - this must be the worst Lincoln Rhyme story written, ever, I hope - and Forever - this one lived upto its name and seemed to drag on forever. :-(

No comments: