Saturday, February 28, 2015

Tamnak Thai, Shivaji Park

This has always been one of my favorite eating joints. Their Phad Thai Phak is out of this world, in my humble opinion at least. This time around we wanted to try something different but weren’t too keen on trying yellow, red or green curries. So we zeroed in on Koi Tiow Phad Thai Kai – noodles stir-fried with bean sprouts, ground peanut and chicken – and Khao Phad Phrik – fried rice with pepper, garlic, onion and chicken.

The dishes were served, steaming hot, within minutes – and that too when we had landed at the place towards the end of lunch hour, around 2:30pm. The way I tore into the food must have convinced the server that I had starved myself for minimum of 2 days. :)


It would be fair to say that I hate tofu as much as I hate paneer. But I completely forgot that as I enjoyed every mouthful of the flavorful food. And as I did that, the thought that was uppermost in my mind was - I could eat this every weekend :)

P.S. The two chutneys that they served with the salad of cucumber and onion were amazing. Wish I could make such stuff at home :)

No comments: