Monday, February 9, 2015

Supernatural – About A Boy

The episode came as the much-needed breath of fresh air. Granted, it was a fallback on the old days of monster-hunting but for once I didn’t have to worry about whether Dean will go all dark by the end of it. Plus I got to see the baffled ‘boy-next-door’ cute expression on Sam’s face after a very long time. :) So I ain't complaining. I was sorry though to see Charlie go in the earlier episode because I was hoping that she would stay and bring about some relief to the always-below-the-surface tension between the Winchesters what with Dean seeing his going to the dark side as inevitable while Sam forever looking for ways to avoid it.

The story was a bit different as well – people who won’t be missed by many going up in smoke and getting transformed to their younger selves so a witch can have them for dinner. I just wish that Dean hadn’t bumped her off without knowing how she planned to get rid of Rowena. One thing perplexes me though – how the Mark disappeared from Dean’s body when he was turned into his younger self. I thought the Mark tainted you forever. But if that’s not the case what’s keeping the Winchesters from finding a friendly-neighborhood witch who can concoct a portion to turn back the clock for Dean just before Dean got the Mark. :)

No comments: