Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Masala Lemonade

I am not one of those who after tasting a dish goes about deconstructing and trying it in their own kitchen. Some things are best left to the chefs!

But the Masala Lemonade served at the Pizza Hut seemed simple enough – and tasty enough – to make me want to try my hand at making it. There surely cannot be more than 4-5 ingredients – soda, sugar, lemon juice and jaljira powder, right? So on my way home, I purchased a bottle of soda and a pack of and jaljira powder, tinkered about in the kitchen for a while and then eagerly tasted the end product. Similar but not quite like it. Time to hit the internet. Most of the recipes had listed the same ingredients until I chanced upon one which mentioned the use of 7Up. Aha! This could be the ‘secret’ ingredient. Plus it would save me from the tedious task of dissolving sugar in water.

The next day I mixed a bit of lemon juice with a pinch of jaljira powder and poured in 7Up. Yeah! That’s more like it. Probably a drop of sugar syrup would bring it closer to what I had in Pizza Hut. This one is surely going to be one of my all-time favorite poisons! :-)

No comments: