Friday, January 30, 2015

Dariba Diaries, Adrushya – 26th January Episodes

Lately, I seem to have got hooked on to this channel. The programs that are aired are very different than the stuff dished out on rest of the Hindi channels. If I find myself in front of the TV with some time to kill, I invariably reach out to this channel in hopes of finding something edutaining.

The latest episode of Dariba Diaries had a plot that must be as ancient as humanity – an old person marrying a younger woman, disgruntled sons and a violent death. I was also keeping in mind the fundamental tenet of crime stories – the most innocent-looking person is usually the culprit! And yet, there surely was a twist in the tale. :)

6 episodes of Adrushya were aired back-to-back on 26th morning but I could watch only the first one in its entirety. It featured Maratha king ShivajiMaharaj’s head of espionage – Bahirjee Naik. The episode covered all events right from how the King came to know of Bahirjee, killing of the Bijapuri knight Afzal Khan, defeat of Shahistekhan to take back Lal Mahal and the looting of the city of Surat. In the afternoon I managed to catch the 2nd half of the episode on the Bangala Desh war. Retired officials from RAW narrated a lot of interesting facts – like e.g. how the armed forces already knew that Pakistan was planning a surprise (!) attack on Indian Air Force bases. A lot of original footage was also shown. I wished I had watched the episode right from the beginning.

My personal favorites so far are – Dariba Diaries, Adrushya, Ekaant and Raja, Rasoi Aur Anya Kahaniya. Hope to catch an episode or two of Sanrachana – from the promos it looks like the program tells us about the architectural aspects of our old monuments. If you are yet to tune in to this channel, do take a look. I am sure you will find a host of interesting programs to choose from.

No comments: