Thursday, December 25, 2014

The multi-vehicle pileup on the Yamuna Expressway once again highlights the lack of driving discipline amongst the Indians. What possible justification could there be to drive at a high speed when the visibility is not good owing to a dense swirling fog? And surely there would be none for not switching on the fog lights. Yet, we continue to ignore such safety measures in a perennial tearing hurry to reach our destination.

I am not even going to mention the persistent loud honking on roads (and even in Residential neighborhoods well past midnight!), the blatant ignoring of lights turning green for the pedestrians, driving on red lights and people darting in the middle of the road right in front of the speeding cars. It's just going to sour my mood on Christmas Day.

So I am just going to pray that God give me strength to tolerate things that are out of my control - because that's what these things are!

No comments: